What we do
Design9 is a business that specialises in M2M satellite and cellular connectivity. We are an authorised and registered service provider for the Inmarsat IP network in the Australian market.
We provide the Hughes and Wideye brand of satellite terminals. and the satellite airtime directly from Inmarsat.
Design9 provide tailored Inmarsat solutions including:
- Private network via VPN or MetroEthernet
- Private or Public IP Ranges
- In house manufacture of specialised brackets and cables
- Software Services
- Tailored services contracts
- Bulk data plans for data spread across hundreds or thousands of terminals
- Advanced warranty, exchange at no charge on connected terminals
- Extended warranties of up to 5 Years on Hughes terminals
- Platforms to control and monitor connectivity status.
Design9 customers are able to get real time status and control of their terminals using services which are integrated into the Inmarsat network.
We provide online tools which are not available elsewhere via our online web platform.
- Real time firewall control
- Current session status and current IP address.
- Current data usage including intermediate call data records
- Customer usage control with configurable warning emails and auto suspends.
- Dashboard view of all terminals including connection status, location, firmware version.
- Free firmware upgrades over the air for M2M terminals.
Design9 is 100% Australian owned company formed in 2009 from existing SPs combining to form a M2M business.
Our focus is on maintaining our reputation as the specialist for Inmarsat M2M services. Our engineers maintain the highest standards in both software and hardware solutions.
In our service team, we have experts in the field.
Problem Solvers - Software Development
Our software team consists of experts in Java, C, Python, SQL databases, LUA and embedded devices. We have developed both software and hardware to accompany the Inmarsat range of product in house using these experts skill sets.
Currently in 2014, there are 4 permanent staff employed in the software department with services occurring both in house and to external clients.
Our team has the necessary required degrees and certifications including :
- Bachelor of Technology- Optoelectronics
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Rail Industry access certifications
Operating from a 600m^2 site especially chosen to gain optimal access to the Inmarsat network and full access to optical fibre links to our data centre hosted servers. The site has a private and fully enclosed yard suitable for communications to the satellites whilst providing high security from a relatively quiet area.
The Servers all located at the crucial paradigm with uptime greater than %99.999.
Currently we provide the following connectivity :
- Skywave IsatPro M2M
- Inmarsat BGAN M2M (Satellite IP )
- Terrestrial 3G
- 9600bps satellite CSD & SMS
- Analog and Digital IO
- MODBUS for PLC’s (serial and ethernet)
- SDI-12 sensors.
- Ethernet Public (Dynamic and Static IP)
- Ethernet Private (VPN or Leased line back from Earth Station)
CEO of Design 9
The ever smiling Boss….
Programming and NetworksSenior programmer and application architect
Advanced Telecommunications TechnicianTony is a Network and IT Security expert with a Diploma in Information Technology (Networking) B at Applied Science Q.U.T (Computing)
One of our Skywave gurus, Tony can program up a terminal to your exact requirments using LUA. HE is also a key team member in looking after our PoP infrastructure in Sydney.
Office AdministratorMarie looks after the general administration and airtime billing systems.
Web application development and Linux server manager.Computer Genius at Work
Nathan looks after our in-house software products department.
Sales in Western AustralianSpecializing in both M2M and VSAT products in Western Australia, Grant has been working with Mining, Oil & Gas customers providing Satellite Solutions for the last 20 years but is now focusing on M2M solutions.